November 13, 2016

AC winter salon


It is freezing out there and after a long walk with Emma through the fields today, I have to say, everything looks stunningly beautiful. It still sits with me, glowing. And then again, it feels like winter is coming on many levels these days. Not only the bright and refreshingly crisp part of it. It feels like it is getting cold. Last week has been filled up with worrying events and political developments. Stuff, that most of us probably didn't expect. At all. Well, I didn't and I still feel a bit like I've got hit by a bus, wondering where we are heading and how to react to an atmosphere that is a so smoky from all the screaming and shouting and an uncomfortable dose of hate. 

I have a deep longing for bringing people together; to get closer and talk, to drink, discuss and even argue, as long as we will meet at the same table and hug each other, when departing. A WINTER SALON is exactly what I need right now and after the topic for this week's AC was out, the husband and I decided, to go back to our studio dinners immediately. This is what we know and what we do well. Coming together in all our differences, with respect, with love and the warmths of good food. 

Everybody has this special talent, something little or huge, that can change at least the moment. No time for hiding under a duvet cover, but a time to celebrate the good stuff in life.

Therefor, I wish you a good and exciting week ahead. Risk something.


* If you are interested in all the other ideas onWINTER SALONS, please head over to the marvelous Stefanie Seltner and have a look. Thank you for inviting me, dear.



Do not forget to order your own, personal issue of the FOODTHOUGHTS calendar 2017. 

 


12 comments:

  1. Dear Annton,
    ja, LOVE is the answer... the way to the heart goes through the stomach.
    The idea of a salon, intellectual meeting point, supporting and discussing (Gertrude Stein comes to my mind), come together on a long table, like yours'... sounds great! It's time!

    Herzlichst,
    Ariane. Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gertrude Stein, big shoes to fit in, but yes, coming together and not giving up on humanity is my mntra right now. xo A.

      Delete
  2. yes yes yes to all that you have shared.
    Such lovely light in your photos and a charming painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a brilliant idea Annton. Risk something rather than stay sheltered. I'm going to take that as my mantra for the week. Next week art challenge at my place? <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I will risk something. Thank you so much.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words speak to me! Celebratye life:) - eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to know, that we are not alone. I need that in these crazy times. Annton

      Delete
  6. Ich freu mich sehr, ich fühle Dich, fühle mit Dir, es ist schön zu lesen und mitzugehen.
    Danke x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. the light in your photographs is beautiful

    ReplyDelete