February 06, 2016

sixes & sevens


To be at Sixes & Sevens is an English idiom used to describe a state of confusion or disarray. That is at least, how Wikipedia is describing this status. And it is exactly what I had been in for months, actually almost all over the last year. Things came up, others left, people greeting friendly, while others had to be guided to the door. And somewhere in between, you would have found me. Questioning. Not seeing. Not knowing either. It was not about being sad or even depressed. I have loved many moments during those weeks. I have felt even happy. I just didn't know where to go from there. Didn't really know, what is was that I wanted for my life, how I wanted to see myself in a couple of years. Something didn't fit, some things didn't click. Like my inner compass, the one I had been able to rely on forever, like it hibernated. Deeply and ignorant, accompanied by a big fat snore.

Luckily it has been the same for the husband, which meant we totally understood each other in not understanding. We have shared the same moods and fatigues and finally managed to slow down. In December, we've decided to give in to that hibernating concept. For one, for two, for three weeks. In the end, we didn't do much for more than a months. And suddenly something shifted. We both did develop a little adventure seeking attitude. A "let's drive some new road" mood. And that is what we did. Little changes, driving a bit more far than usual. Thinking a little more around the next corner, than we had done before. And guess what happened, we did find a welcoming campfire in a totally unexpected place. A new concept where and how to live. And answers, to many for those nagging questions. I am excited to see, where we will go from here.


For more Sixes & Sevens please visit Nadeschda's fantastic place.





 




19 comments:

  1. oh, i sense the excitement, and i'm so happy that a period of hibernation is never wasted, it is the perfect incubation to a new way of looking at things and to doing. i'm well curious. still!! thxs for playing, annton. n♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. curiosity stilled now ;-) I have loved entering this DC especially. do you know, that your idea of berlin got a lot moving in my head. thank you!

      Delete
  2. how wonderful that you accepted the hibernation
    and then
    you found inspiration to explore together.
    your photos are a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and I am very thankful, that following the flow turned out to be so wonderful. I am thnakful for this gift!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the best plan of action is no action at all. Good for you to hear the call of hibernation.
    I see you as a bear stretching after its winter hibernation. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perfect. exactly like that bear I am feeling right now. a little irritated by the light, but oh so tempted. xo

      Delete
  4. Oh, I understand those feelings so well. Only difference: I'm still stuck in it. But at the same time I can feel the healing will come from somewhere some day. Gives me hope and safety that this condition will lead to something else. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will, from the point I am at right now, I can even promise. but the feeling of getting stuck is still vividly present, so I absolutely understand where you are at. sending patience and sunshine over!

      Delete
  5. Wow this is extremely interesting, not only did I find myself in the same place and would myself consider stuck in this state like Tania, but now I learned more about this terms which I didn't know. Thanks for sharing.
    barbara bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe a it is a status, that comes with being an artist. when we are in it is scary, when we get out, it feels like it had to be. sending you some berlin sun!

      Delete
  6. thanks for this soft post
    black and white.... no, grey, a lot of greys
    i am in the middle of it all
    hope to settle some day soon
    ...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have a cup of tea with ou now. silently celebrating the greys and secretly knowing about the sunshine, that is just around the corner!

      Delete
  7. You have struck a chord with us all. Me too...though this happened earlier this year for me...and it is so lovely to share these feelings with the illustrious company we have here. Beautiful visuals. Mood music to my eyes. Big shout out to you and your husband. Happy trails to you...N, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so, much for your nice words. "music to my eyes" has deeply touched me. so did the knowledge, that we all know the times. xo

      Delete
  8. Hooray! That's wonderful news. Some days just have to be and we have to let them pass, but then the ending comes. Off on your new adventures you go. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, embrace all of it. head over heels. it is the in between parts, that are not easy to bear. thank you!

      Delete
  9. A welcoming campfire in a totally unexpected place is a good Thing to find. Good for you and for us to read this hopeful Story. Thank you.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, and it was a hell of a acampfire ;-) still so thankful for that incredible gift! xo

      Delete
  10. "Like my inner compass, the one I had been able to rely on forever, like it hibernated"....You put it so well. I see from the comments here that being "at sixes and sevens" is something many people can identify with. It makes me feel less alone. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete