May 26, 2015

queen of colors


And suddenly, almost three weeks have gone in silence. This has been about the longest break since the Tiny Fishbowl Collection was launched in 2010. And the strangest part of this radio silence, it actually happened for no reason. Not a very distinct one, at least. The weeks have just disappeared between a lot of thinking and much needed silence (not that I couldn't need more; my hood seems to have turned into a gigantic construction site and it is officially going on my nerves! just to get it out.). We have found a new lovely spot to walk Emma and went to a couple of great exhibitions. I have developed a silly addiction for childhood sweets. And this year, I am dealing with a good share of allergies and I have found weird things on the sidewalk. Like that bullet. I can't tell you its story, but it felt strange to step on it, while walking with a friend. The moment my shoe touched it, I immidiately knew what I had just stepped on. And my life hasn't been plastered with bullet so far. Why did I know then?

Other than that, and maybe that is the greatest benefit of this unexpected break, I have painted a lot. And participated in a very interesting seminar, on how to run a show, create a concept and to get funding for it. I have done quite some shows in my life as an artist, but it felt very helpful to get a little more facts and roots into my usual system of trial an error. So watch out, there will be coming some interesting stuff from this side. Today will be the last day of that seminar, this is why I have to run and get me properly dressed, but I hope you have got an idea about my last weeks now.

I am happy to be back and wish you a wonderful week.









4 comments:

  1. i have also been away and am in returning time. it's very good to hear your voice and now that arting has been happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you and am so glad you're back too.

      Delete