March 16, 2015

d.c. spring break or a very personal way to start off

Yesterday had been my birthday and like many years before, it doesn't only mark, me turning a year older, but it also feels like the real beginning of the new year. Maybe, because the first weeks in January and February are more of an introvert time, a time of thinking and sorting out what I wish for the upcoming months. I tend to sort out my desk, write a lot of things into my calendar and schedule the time ahead. And this will take exactly until Sping is actually just around the corner and is about to break through, with a lot of green and even more energy. And yesterday, that beginning has been especially good and exciting.Thank you for everyboday who came around, who called or has been writing me lovely notes. Life is good.

Spring Break is the theme of this week's drawing challenge, which is hosted by the talented Veronica Roth. Feel very welcome, to visit her Blog and find the links to the other participants over there too.

I will go there tomorrow and finish this wonderful weekend with another glass on the couch.Sweet dreams to you guys.



Follow  on F A C E B O O K      B L O G L O V I N      T W I T T E R      I N S T A G R A M

 

14 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday! I regonize that feeling, january and february, a little bit winter, and then..... new things will happen. Exiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Joke. actually I had a very fine day. and about the new things, more soon. I am still cooking something up right now. greetings from berlin!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! So you are a " spring Girl" like me. The sun shines only for you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Ria. aren't spring women the best ;-)

      Delete
  3. Happy late birthday sweetie. Sorry to be late commenting, been travelling. Spring is the best time to be born., isn't it? And, like someone said the other day, people with the most birthdays tend to live the longest...lol...so many happy returns of the day! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't be sorry, dear. travelling is always more important ;-) thank you so much for the birthday wishes. and yes, the saying is quite right... lol xo

      Delete
  4. such a sweet drawing. are the crutches yours?
    So lovely that this is the beginning of a new year, it is, your new year and Happy Birthday and new beginnings. You and I are both pisces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, tammy. yes, the crutches are with me for as long as I can remember. pisces superpower for the two of us ;-)

      Delete
  5. yes, i notice the crutches, i wonder. i hope you'll be leaving them there next the table as often as you can. lovely how the leaves are made up of green blotches. your little painting does embody spring. happy belated birthday, anton; oh and thank you for your info on berlin. if i need you on any advice, i'll email you, first decide whether i come that way... :))) n♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nadine, those crutches are with me for so long, actually over fourty years, I mostly tend to forget about them. thank you so much for the birthday wishes, dear! <3 a

      Delete
  6. I love the 'springy' happy drawing, but do wonder about the crutches. Happy birthday to you, and happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear sharmon, thank you for the compliment. about the crutches... well, there is actually nothing to wonder about, but me using them for over fourty years already ;-) have a great week, lovely!

      Delete
  7. Nice spring drawing! Wishing you a happy (late) birthday! Thanks for passing by. More yellow will come. There's a "searching for roy b giv" (the colors) next thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the birthday wishes! can't wait for thursday to stop over again.

      Delete