February 23, 2015

queen of colors


Last week had everything it promised to have and actually this Queen of Colors was meant to be filled with good food, presents from Greece and reconnecting with old friends. And then, I've got one of these phonecalls, one of the sort you can't even bare to watch in a movie. My beloved grandmother, who is 94 years of age and is one of the most important people in my life, fell badly and things were looking really terrible. We actually prepared ourselfs to say goodbye.

Since this morning though, things are looking much brighter again. All over sudden and totally unexpected. I know she is a very strong woman, who has been through so much in her life, the only thing to do right now, is hoping for the best. The best for her. Großmütterchen, I love you.





Follow  on F A C E B O O K      B L O G L O V I N      T W I T T E R      I N S T A G R A M





3 comments:

  1. My love goes out to you! I wish you the best and I hope your grandmother will recover. She has a really beautiful age. My grandmother in 93… She is slowly going worse but she still lives alone. She has just no joy in life anymore, that is sad. Send you a hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your words, Celine. we have no real news yet. her children go to the hospital on a daily basis and we just have to wait and see, as I've said. yes, it is a beautiful age, but also not an easy one. to be the last of your friends and family from your generation, and having no one to share your memories with, must be pretty tough. still, I believe she would like to stay around a little longer. hugs to you too!

      Delete
    2. I know exactly what you mean! My grandmother is also the last one of her friends. She still has her sister, my aunt, she is 84… But it is a really difficult situation. I hope your grandmother will stay around a bit, that she recovers and not have to stay in the hospital.
      xxx

      Delete