October 07, 2014

queen of colors


I am about to start sounding like a broken record, but one day late, means the Queen of Colors is still fighting that ugly sickness. Was it two weeks or three already, I can't recall. Going back and forth ended in taking antibiotics and today, seriously, for the first time in a while, I feel more like a human again. There has been a gorgeous day out in the wood last week, but maybe baby, that had been a bit too soon. I had to spend the long weekend in bed. Again. So today is my first complete day in the studio. With no couch or bed in between. Hurray. I don't know what hit us this time, but looking around it seems, we are not the only ones. And it is not even Winter yet. Mind that sarcasm, I am only happy to see some light here today and I very much wish it will stay that day.

Other than that, I went to Supermarkt for the very first time and it was great. Looking forward to a one day seminar over there by the end of the week. I gave an interview for a newspaper, who are doing a little portrait about me. A painting I have sold to someone in Ohio, finally landed safe in the collectors hands, after getting lost in someone else's P.O. BOX. Holy Canneloni, what a relief. And I've talked to my grandmother on the phone. It had been a while and every time I talk to her it is such a pleasure, I secretly promise myself, to do it more often.

So, I will stick to Thyme Tea over the next days and keep telling the ones I love, a little more, how much I actually do. Oh, and there will be a lot more art over here again soon.





 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. goodness, i'm glad that you're on the mend. that's too long to feel sick and away from your studio.
    how fun about the interview! and what a relief the painting ended up in it's rightful home.
    do you have a dog for that chew toy? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you @monica g. m. far too long, yes. I am happy too. and yes of course, we live with emma, our lovely labrador. hope things are good on your side as well.

      Delete