August 31, 2014

light, shadows and sometimes fire


"Transformation still has two meanings, one technical, one spiritual. He who leaves his house leaves the light on to make it appear inhabited." (Otto Piene)

If you guys happen to be in Berlin right now and if it is somehow possible to carve some time out, don't miss the current lightshow of Otto Piene. The show is taking place at Neue Nationalgalerie and tonight is your absolute last chance to see it. I went last night and I promise you, it is magical. The place, together with the late hours and his work, it is a breathtaking experience. A very rare opportunity in this busy and crowded city. I am so glad I went.


„The Proliferation of the Sun“

Installation by Otto Piene

Neue Nationalgalerie
Kulturforum
Potsdamer Stra├če 50
10785 Berlin
 
Last Chance
Sunday the 31st of August
from 10 p.m.- 03 a.m.











2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see this, but alas, I doubt I'm going to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit of a short notice by me. I know ;) but seriously, it was great. next time, next shot.

      Delete