April 09, 2014

on drawing and scanning




Another day in the studio is gone. A day with me rising very early and with feeling quite exhausted by now. I didn't want to leave Fiswhbowl without saying "Hi" though and without showing, that the collection of the food related watercolors is constantly growing. And to tell you, that I have learned some very big things about my scanner today. Even a common machine like a scanner, does have its deep, deep secrets. So, by next time this kind of work will actually look even closer to what I want it to look like. At least, it is what I am aiming at. It is absolutely true what they say; you'll learn while doing. Sometimes it even needs a bit of bravery. Most exciting, I think.




 




4 comments:

  1. I really like your food drawings! Please continue making them. I always feel a bit weird if I find something new that my machines can do, haha! That I discover this now and not earlier. Not a stupid feeling, just a bit weird. So yes, we just have to do it, then we learn so much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I am pretty happy making those drawings myself. it is a lot of fun. gosh, aren't productive lately ;-)

      Delete
  2. Yes! I love it when I learn something new - especially from a machine I thought I understood ;) love that rhubarb - one of my favorites!! Keep those watercolors coming they are really great to see- best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is almost like an adventure, right. so old and still learning ;-) thank you for the compliment on the watercolors; today I have released a bunch of them to my society6 shop and it was a lot of fun. greetings from the fishbowl!

      Delete