November 13, 2013

a difference between inside & outside


I am having peas with potatoes, plus a spoonful of butter. Nothing more, nothing less. And that is about the most exciting thing, that has happened in the Fishbowl today. Slow motion galore in the studio and in the kitchen. So boring, you might be yawning by reading this already, but we're only getting out of that sick corner in baby steps. Once again. For multiple occasions over this year, running noses, sore throats and heavy heads are the main characters in our little plot. Different this time, the husband was the one who started this last Friday; by Saturday everybody around was forced on the couch. And that despite healthy food, enough sleep and extended walks with the dog. Well, I guess, there has to be a little bit more of the good stuff, to get us smoothly through the rest of Winter. Not that we're already having Winter, but well.

The thing that is really annoying me, there is so much I desperately want to do, things I want to paint or stuff I want to at least finish; concepts in my head, ideas wanting to grow into projects, but I have to sit and watch, yet another movie. And another. If patience would only be my royal dicipline; it is one of my weakest spots instead. How do you manage in moments like this'? Is it easy for you to wait and see, or are you going crazy watching the world go by, while you'll have to slow down? Tell me, if you like. I would love to hear about your strategies.





Follow me on F A C E B O O K          on B L O G L O V I N          on T W I T T E R 

4 comments:

  1. oh no, I hope you feel better soon. and I wonder if all that's going on with you two is a sign that things need to change... xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and yes, wise woman, of course it is all signs. well, decisions are made her, as I've already wrote. and this time, a nasty virus was quicker than us deciding ;)

      Delete
  2. Are you going back to New Zealand? It is only an idea coming trough my mind since your last posts. Body and mind are always once, so your body tries to tell you that you have to slow down...
    In the last two years I have to learn to slow down a and to take breaks if necessary! Hope you two feel better soon. Best wishes, Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the good wishes, I do feel better already. slowing down is something we should always consider, I guess. bodies talk louder some times, than our brain. and then again, changes and decisions take time time too... wishing you a wonderful weekend!

      Delete