September 13, 2013

no way to cheat a routine


Getting back on track after a studio break is never easy, getting back after being sick is even harder. For me it is. Though staying on the couch becomes super boring at a certain point; all that time to waste, that extensive reading books, the instant naps and all those kind of movies, you have always wanted to watch, is sweet as well. Laziness is quick in developing roots and to grow into a nasty habit. Well, I am over the couch (still tempted in the back of my mind) and am slowly working my way back into studio hours, into walks with the dog and into getting things done. Away from that laziness to being productive again. Things are not all pretty yet, but this is, at least, what I hope for. Today, I'll start with the first Open Studio after our Summer Break. So, if you happen to be in Berlin, you're most welcome to say "hi". For the ones being somewhere else, I wish you a wonderful start into the weekend.


Follow me on F A C E B O O K          on B L O G L O V I N          on T W I T T E R

 

4 comments:

  1. haha, I know that feeling! If I'm getting better I always say that I'm not ready yet, that I still don't feel very well...hihi. Even the couch gets boring but lazy can be so nice. Maybe it's because we're not lazy if we're doing fine and at least I feel bad if I do nothing...but when you're sick, you have an excuse! At least I do! Have fun during your open studio, good weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun and the project transition, back to work, did work out in the end. as tough as it appeared at the beginning of it. but yes, lazy can be so nice. enjoy yours too, after the busy weekend. you have done a great job!

      Delete
  2. I hope you're feeling better and back to your normal self soon. fighting my second cold in two weeks, I know what you mean about reading and watching movies being boring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, much better, thank you. but still, I am torn between wanting to sleep all day, and those pretty demanding creative bones of mine ;) how is your cold? I hope much better!

      Delete