September 24, 2013

another family affair



Here we go. That secret project I was making all those hints about, over my last posts, it is finally done. Little, friendly creatures have moved into the nusery of my soon to be born niece. My sister is having her first child in a couple of weeks and after wanting to welcome her with a rather personal gift, I've decided to come up with a wall painting for the little one and for her parents. I am constantly working on installations, and on paintings, including canvasses, wood or paper, but to paint on a wall is a whole different story. Let me tell you, though I had a lot of fun during the project, today my knees, arms and shoulders are not the most friendly parts of my body. They hurt, like I have ran a marathon or did climb that freaky wall. Sore muscles at their best. But, I am really, really happy with the outcome. It has been a bit tricky to take proper images. As it is a small room and there was simply not enough space, to step back in order to catch the complete story, but I think you'll get the picture. Little niece, I hope you'll like your new friends. They're awaiting your arrival patiently.



Follow me on F A C E B O O K          on B L O G L O V I N          on T W I T T E R


7 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations! You will be great auntie! And I love what you made for the little one, it's so cute and at the same time not at all the cliche baby-things. Oh I love the figures! Thanks for showing us.
    I ones made a pieces on a wall and it is a different story, the structure of a wall is so different. I had a hard time making the lines go straight....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. that was exactly my fear, to become too cheesy.

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure your niece will love it like we do!!! Thank you so much for this special present! Hugs from the other side of the city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved doing it. all we can do now, is waiting ;-)

      Delete
  3. very cute. I'm sure she is going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she is not going to tell me, I made her bear phonic one day ;-)

      Delete