August 29, 2013

on details & guests


The best thing about having guests is, of course, they sometimes bring the most lovely presents. No, of course this is not it, but still it is quite nice. Right now a friend from Bavaria resides in the Fishbowl, to make interviews for an essay she is working on. She arrived yesterday, to a finally sparkling clean house. We had pasta and wine, she brought Bavarian delicacies and an extremely cute book about Maori culture. When we've lived down in New Zealand, she was working at the backpacker, we had stayed in for our first weeks. We haven't seen each other since then and so, it is even more amazing to meet after all those years. In a totally different setting. The only down side to her visit, my suddenly enormous feeling of homesickness towards Aotearoa. But I don't wanna bore you with that. Again. Besides from our guest, I am busy working in the office. The husband is cooking somewhere throughout the city. And I am hoping for some serious studio time, comes tomorrow. And since two days, we know that we will welcome another Little One into the family. Thank you, dear siblings, for making me a multiple aunt. I love the sound of that. Life is suddenly moving on a more colorful note.

Follow me on F A C E B O O K          on B L O G L O V I N          on T W I T T E R 

8 comments:

  1. happy news auntie annton!
    and guests can be so much fun... bavarian sweets, how are they? and i\ve never been to new zealand. but would love to go there, one day. how long where you there for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear sara!
      well, it was more bavarian beer and amazing bread. yes, I believe you would love nz. I was there for three years and will hopefully return one day. as this piece of earth has touched my heart deeply.

      Delete
  2. Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Mein Mann wird bald zweifacher Großcousin. Familienzuwachs ist immer fantastisch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vielen dank, ria! ja, ich finde das auch wunderbar. je mehr, desto besser.

      Delete
  3. Your welcome... :)

    ReplyDelete