August 13, 2013

new games


We have done it. Small, but still significant changes, have been applied to the Fishbowl. Actually, the Fishbowl became the Fishbowl with some little secrets. You might not remember this, but over the last months, I had a bit of a hard time drawing a line between our Open Door Policy, and my need to paint. Especially to paint more focused. None interrupted and less distracted by what was going on outdside the studio. Maybe it is the fact, that the area we're living in, became more busy lately, which for most of the time I like, or it was me who had changed. More and more, it felt like I was missing the flow, this certain feeling of getting totally lost in what you do, while you are doing it. So, after lots of thinking, and even more going back and forth, we've decided to use some milk glass foil to cover parts of our big shop windows. Just before the foil came up, this was a rather sad feeling, a bit panic involved too, almost like saying Goodbye, but only an hour later, it became crystal clear that this has been best best thing to go for. I would have never believed, that a little bit of foil would mean so much freedom. As pathetic, as this might sound, one week ahead and I am already deeply in love the new energy. I still like people coming around for a chat or a coffee. I still love our beautiful street. But in between, I also love painting for hours. All by myself. And on top, how beautiful those spots of sunlight dancing around the studio now.


Follow me on F A C E B O O K          on B L O G L O V I N          on T W I T T E R 

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a great change. I'm happy for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, believe me. I would never have guessed! xx

      Delete
  2. Kleine aber feine Veraenderungen sind oft die Besten! Xx Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stimmt. und klein ist manchmal der beginn von riesig ;) xx

      Delete