April 25, 2013

some family affair & a bit of paradise

all pictures by Sabine Münch
Living the life of an artist, it actually doesn't hurt, to have a sister who is an artist too. A sister who knows all about those ups and downs, the effort it takes to archive some of the good stuff and the moments, when you're not really sure where you're heading. You know what I'm talking about. Having an artist sister, who is finally back, living in the same city as I am, is even better.

Therefor, the other week, I had the great pleasure to be a guest at the premiere of her current show: Die Tagebücher von Adam & Eva (The diaries of Adam & Eve). The story, adapted by the book of Mark Twain, gives a pretty good and ironical insight on the life's of Adam and Eve. It shows, constantly changing from the female to the male perspective, how the two fell for each other in Garden Eden, how they've spoiled it by taking a bite from that fateful apple and how they'll dealed with the results of that bite. The orginal text might be over a hundred years old, the Musical version though leaves you with a lot of quite familiar situations and conflicts. Almost everybody in the audience had that expression on they're face, when you feel caught by a very well recognized moment. I, at least, had many of those moments during the two hours watching.

So, if you're in the mood for some good tunes (I have loved the music), two absoutely stunning actors (equally talented singers) and lots of laughter, don't miss your chance to visit one of the upcoming shows of Die Tagebücher von Adam und Eva. I promise you, you'll have a great night.







Production & Choreographie: Sebastiano Meli 
Musical Direction: Steven Desroches
Stage Design: Silvio Belmondo/ Costume & Stage Props: Silke Schneider
Book & Lyrics: Kevin Schroeder/ Creative Development: Christian Struppeck & Andreas Gergen

6 comments:

  1. ha, she looks like you. or do you look like her?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. people say that often, for us it is a bit harder to see. but as I am the older one, well, we got to say, she looks like me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi, I won't say the same thing, but I also think she looks like you. People say the same thing about me and my sister and we just look at each other and think...okay;-) I'm happy for you that she is back in the same city, sister's are just something special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe it is a good thing, we don't always see what others will. and then again, we are alike and not, which I am actually pretty proud of. xxx

      Delete
  4. Thanx for your support sister... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the show is simply great and so are you! it was my pleasure.

      Delete