November 22, 2012

"stick, stones & paper balls"


Though as a German, I have only adopted this typical American holiday, there is a lot to be thankful about. First of all, thank you for all those wise and thoughtful messages on my last post. It's genuinely heartwarming, when after such nasty encounters, you understand that your not alone in viewing things as you do. The hurt is not completely gone yet, but your words definitely helped me to come out of an unpleasant corner and to start moving again. Of course, there is no need to give ignorance and stupidity more space than it deserves and in the end, the best might be to leave them with nothing else, but a little, nasty kicking. Energy can be spent on more important things and that is what has happened around the Fishbowl today; spending hours at the desk filling out several competition forms (wish me luck!), eating deliously unreasonable snacks and buying a sexy MP3 player for a woman in her seventies, are only some things that have happened. And even when not everything is completely done yet, in the end, the day came up with a wonderful little surprise on top. So, the kitchen is mine now, to boil up a good spicy coconut soup (turkey will happen on Saturday for another studio dinner) and then the couch calls once again. For all who celebrate it:

Happy Thanksgiving!

For all the others, I wish for you to have a wonderful night. Just because you deserve it.

5 comments:

  1. spicy coconut soup!!?? can I have the recipe, please!!??

    happy thanksgiving xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @petra sorry no recipe exists. simply grilled tofu thrown together with a soup of red curry paste, coconut milk, vegetables, stock, ginger and fresh cilantro. wild or mild as my mood tells me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better and have a wonderful weekend! I wish you all the luch with the compition forms, thumbs up!!!! (I had a terrible week: my drawings just have been resigned and off course I shouldn't tell you this...) my postitive thinking is just coming back a little;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @céline schroeder oh dear, I am sorry to read about the drawings. it always feels absolutely crashing. but I know your work is good, so no worries, in the end you'll find the right people to love and to buy them. I just know. sending over a piece of pumpkin pie and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete