October 23, 2012

"fika & a little more swedish"

The Fishbowl is located in one of the most beautiful streets of Berlin. Well, that is at least, how I see it. Totally biased, of course, but I can't help it. I simply love this area. It owns an inspiring mix; with all it's looks, it's energy and with all the neighbors around, it is a great place to live and to work. We won't talk about the annoying folks, as you'll find them anywhere else too. Sometimes though, great even gets better. A couple of weeks ago, a little café opened up, just across the studio. Café Valentin is a tiny, but very cosy place, offering coffee (the coffeemachine is a piece of art!), lemonade, Brotzeit and the most amazing cakes. As the owner, a goddess when it comes to baked goods, is Swedish, I recently had a of lot of fresh cinnamon buns, mulberry cakes and to top it off, my first original Prinsesstårta. To be honest, I was hooked within the first bites. It simply was the dream of a torte. So, if you happen to be in Berlin, do not miss the chance to pay Lo and her café a visit. I guarantee you, you won't regret it.

Café Valentin, Sanderstraße 13, 12047 Berlin, Opening hours Monday to Saturday from 10 to 6 p.m.

5 comments:

  1. ha, in neukoeln hab ich auch lang gewohnt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sounds wonderful! even if I can't eat it at the moment, but I love those cafe's and on top of that I'm a total "fan" of sweden: my dream is to live there...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @céline oh, you can't eat. is that still the result, from ou being sick. I'm sorry to hear that :( hope this passes soon! sweden to me sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete