October 17, 2012

"explicit details of ease"

This is how it looks like, when I am in the middle of a new project. The moment, the spark finally jumped over and the luxury of a real good flow, keeps me going . I don't know about you, but I always have a very hard time, after an initial idea is born. The first steps of shaping a concept, of giving it some kind of direction scares, and sometimes even blocks, me. Completely. It feels like the infamous image of someone standing on the edge of a freshly snowed in field. So many ways to go, so many opportunities to develop. I simply might to admit, there is some kind of decision issue lingering around. The fear of taking one step, meaning another direction won't be possible anymore. This isn't the case I've learned over the years, but still, there exists a bit of hesitance, when finally starting to walk. Now, that I am, you wouldn't find another camper more happy than myself. I cannot wait for tomorrow, cannot wait to go on working more intensly on "a fair sprinkling of gunpowder".

3 comments:

  1. SO exciting! I love seeing artist tools and work in process. Sending you loads of creative energy for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i so love that creative firey time. doubts and all! enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean and at the same time the idea won't get out of my head I'll just keep thinking about it and at the same time is the beginning so hard. Maybe because it often looks so different then in your head... mmm, I wonder. I wish you a good start with your project!

    ReplyDelete