October 30, 2012

"all soaped up"

Did you ever wonder, how life as an artist would be, if there could be art alone? No distractions, no every day hustles, no money issues and not a single relationship storm. A silly question, I know, but that close before a show, it  does sound tempting. At least for a minute. And then again, maybe it is, that we cherish studio time so much, because it's something that needs a lot of persistence, will power and discipline to keep things running. Such questions are running through my mind, while I sit in the Fishbowl, carving soap. Writing M O N E Y again and again. Bar for bar, going slow, but steady. Lucky, this is not the first time I am close to an Opening, four days to be precise, and even more lucky, I kind of know my silly brain. It is doing constant somersaults, in order to fight the nervousness. And to escape from the moment, instead of staying right in it. So good, this behaviour is no stranger to this studio, and just now, it can be laughed off. All is fine and I am exactly, where I'm supposed to be.

4 comments:

  1. ah, I can't believe I miss this. by one day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @petra that is really too bad. but I'll keep a little something for you. alright?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, sometimes I wish the same: just my studio and my work. But I think it wouldn't work, you would get bored or so. I think we need that struggle to find the time, to really want to work. For a couple of months I had this situation and in the end I just wanted to get out of my studio, see things and get some new ideas. It's not easy, but I think it works for the best in the end: to deal with every day life.... and wish you had the time for your studio;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Céline, I believe you're very wise on this one. we need to fight for it, right. sending late night greetings from berlin to you.

    ReplyDelete