June 19, 2012

"unwrapping secrects delight"

artwork by Susanne Mehlgarten
For weeks I was giving out hints according to big things around the corner, to great changes being in store for the Fishbowl, and believe me, keeping quiet hasn't be an easy task. For someone outspoken and rather bubbly like me, it had been quite a test. Holy Canneloni, more than ones it was so close to being dropped and spoiled. Today though is the perfect day to reveal wonder number one: After two years filled with paperwork, with meetings, with a lot of debating, of writing concepts and those really energy consuming "one-step-ahead-and-five-steps-back-moments", I am the lucky receiver of funding to purchase a drive. A proper car, rebuild into a vehicle one can navigate without using feet or legs at all. As many of you know, I'm walking this life on crutches. Usually this is no big deal, but to get from one side of the town to the other, to transport canvases for example, involves a lot of organisation and logistic stretching. Very often the husband, who is busy enough already with his work as a freelance chef, has to jump in and help. It is not a great feeling, to know him spending his precious time on stuff, I'd rather get done by myself. So you can imagine, this is not only about some kind of car, but actually this is a little bit more about freedom and independance. I am totally excited about this and can barely wait for my first ride.

4 comments:

  1. congratulations!!! that's great news xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that.... I can understand (at least I think I do) what a big deal this is for you and what it means.I find asking for help hard as it is, so... I'm happy for you, so congratulations! And I want here about that car, it must be exhiting to try it the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, fancy golden plates! Congratulations on the car, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray! that is really cool, i bet you will enjoy this new freedom of cruising around!

    ReplyDelete