June 25, 2012

"on loops and reluctance"

After sun, there will be rain and busy times, often result in hang-in-there moments. Though everything else is running fine in the Fishbowl, studio time is currently not. Somehow, I am not getting any further. I can start in the morning with lots of energy and great ideas, after a couple of hours everything seems to crumble. What looked like the way to go, doesn't convince me at all, coming afternoon. This is happening for almost a month already, and when I have been taking it easy for the first two weeks, there is panic starting to grow right now. Of course, every artist knows these periods of feeling lost and the sour taste of no effencient work. Of course, my head tells me to calm down and to take things as they come, but my heart screams for help. Finding myself in the kitchen, cooking, to get at least some kind of accomplishment by the end of the day. The problem is, a good soup or even that gorgeous Lime-Strawberry-Granita won't help me the next morning, when turning on the light in the Fishbowl. The only thing to do, ones again, is to go on and through with it. Hopefully soon.

7 comments:

  1. I hear you. not sure what else to say... it'll pass. it always does.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's a scary time for any Creative, but our creative souls need the time of rest, even sleep. to recharge, and return new and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written! There is always fear for the unknown, especially when we really put ourselves out there. But it's worth it!
    What is that dish you're making?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how that feels. When I was still running my ow fashion label it sometimes was the same. Full of ideas in the morning, confused to anxious in the afternoon.
    But it's only ever temporary. It helps me to work more structured with deadlines and little goals.
    And it's important to remind yourself that your best is always good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, it will get better! even if it doesn't feel that way now, but of course you know all that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man...as a newly aspiring photographer I am learning this fast!!! Cute blog. I love that case btw

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for all your supporting comments. I am still kind of struggling, but feeling much better and calm about it. telling myself, that things will fall into places. as always, one step more to go, than we believe we can.

    @courtney. it is my favourite red lentil soup. super easy and quick. comfort food at its best!

    ReplyDelete