May 08, 2012

"moving, pushing, smiling"



It has taken ages, but now the portfolio for my EnvironmentInstallations is finally done. What a tricky things this was. Usually one would probably do some video stuff, taken during a show. But as my work is always something to walk through, rather haptic and interactive, than simply to look at, I definitely wanted something to touch. A little three-dimensional object; something special and traditional at the same time. So the idea was to create a one room dollhouse. Thanks to the help of my graphic designer, it turned out exactly how I wanted it. I am absolutely happy with the outcome. Thank you Marc Prinz. Though we were building a box, you are perfect in thinking exactly out of this. One step closer to tying up loose ends, never ceases to come with the very sweet feeling, of having things done.

4 comments:

  1. sounds (and looks) interesting. where is this installation? and for how long? Berlin, I guess. I must have missed it on your blog earlier. I'm going to be in Berlin in a few weeks and would love to have a look if it's still ongoing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, I love the idea of thinking out of the box while your building one! just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @petra this isn't about a current exhibition, but all the stuff I did over the past two years. for example this one: http://thetinyfishbowlcollection.blogspot.de/2011/06/first-impressions-of-neukolln-bites.html

    if you're in Berlin, of course you are most welcome to stop by the studio for a coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Céline has a good point, and special and traditional is my weakness. Detailed works in paper has always facinated me.
    Oh when, if ever, will I see you and your work in Berlin...
    Love,
    Lilli

    ReplyDelete