April 04, 2012

"a matter of argument"

For no reason there has been some intense argument in the Fishbowl yesterday. It has been going on between me and a painting, that I had returned to after while. Holy Canneloni, was it acting in tough-cookie-style. There was no way to concentrate from the first moment I had picked up a brush. The painting was screaming at me to leave, to go away and that it had not missed me so far. Over the day, I must have left the studio about a hundred times probably; to brew a coffee, to turn on the dishwasher, find sweets in the kitchen and to brew another round of coffee. Only to return and not feeling any more welcome. And the end, I got so angry at the situation, I ranted back, using a very serious voice:"No matter what, silly thing. I will come back and back and back. So there is no use in making this any harder than necessary." A while later, I was able to look at at four hours of work, new layers of color on the canvas and the sweet taste of a tiny, but good victory. Today it is raining outside, so things will be more calm from the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. and I have a very vivid image of you and that painting in my head now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, sorry, but you describe your struggle very funny! Sometimes it can be so hard... hope you had a better day.
    (and you should be proud of that cabinet in the last post, I really love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. art can be so argumentative! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. with a little distance it's easier to laugh about such moments. and when writing with a pinch of irony, I am half way over it already. I hear you guys too: looks like you know exactly what I am talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete