February 14, 2012

"a little something for you"

Today is a lot about hearts, about relationships and to be honest, a little bit, about what we expect love to look like. Actually I couldn't put my finger on it. For me, this thing called love, comes in a million shapes and colors. The unexpected parts are very often the best of it; like a suprise package from the other side of the world or a homemade soup, to get me warm while the city is freezing. In a couple of weeks, the husband and I are going to celebrate our ten year anniversary and if I look back all this time, asking how we got here, it was never roses or candle light dinners, that made my knees weak. It have always been the little, the everyday moves, that brought happy tears to my eyes.

Being surprised is one thing, but I also love to make suprises myself. So for this special day, I am sending out three prints of my poster "soon to be free" to my lovely readers.

If you want to be in the draw for one of them, maybe you like to share your ideas. What do you believe, shows the love for another person? What touches you more, red roses or a cup of tea brought to you in the morning? I am very curious and cannot wait for many inspiring answer until Friday. Besides that, have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more: it's the little things that make you feel special. That he rembers you many sugars you want in your tea (when you say two, you actually mean three ;-),
    he buys your favourite kind of chocolate or is making a painting for you
    (I can not wait to see it!) roses have become so ordinary, I feel kind of sorry for them.
    I wish you also a wonderful day and a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every day should be about hearts and having eyes open to 'see love' is a gift that not many people have. I am greatful to people that inspire me and remind me about the little wonders of so short called "love". I think this word is too short for how much has behind.
    The best love statement was from my husband i received years ago: 'With you I feel i am always on holidays' I just hope he still feels the same. Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what can I say. 10years!!!! good going kiddo's....glad you like the parcel from good ol' Kiwiland too.....am only here for another month....
    It is always the unexpected that makes you feel special and you 2 are very special too me...oh no..should I say the 3 of you...sorry Emma!!!!hoof
    As I have just rec'd a parcel from London which was so unexpected too & just lovely to give and take!!!!
    Much love and today a nice sunny day here - the first in a long time. whereas you are in the snow!!!
    Kiwisue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful post.
    I def don't need special gifts on valentines day.
    love shows in little gestures and is also more of a constant thing than a few-times-a-year-special-occasion thing.
    I do like the tradition to give little love messages to all your love ones...but I do that all year round whenever I am feeling like it or I come across a beautiful card.
    Lots of love and happy belated Valentines.

    ReplyDelete