October 16, 2011

"some old, some new & adventures"

To surround me with things that have already lived through stories way before I've got them, never cease to settle and ground me. Almost like roots, a connection between the present and the past, they kind of provide strength for the unkown future. As much as I am in love with changes and cannot imagine to stand still for long, these items make me feel comfortable and at home. Even more, when facing busy days at the Fishbowl. A new EnvironmentInstallation will be on show by the beginning of November, which means a lot of running and pushing around in the studio. By the time of the Opening, we plan to have three rooms completely transformed. There is sculptures to build and paintings to finish, and though it will be a lot of work, I am pretty excited about this. In addition to being nervous, of course, as you'll never know what comes up along the process. Getting prepared, this is to an old fashioned Sunday and to an inspiring, busy week ahead.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so interesting! I wish I could come and see the exhibition.
    I know exactly what you mean about this little things that make you feel home. I guess especially when you are moving a lot, the small things that you can take with you become more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete