October 27, 2011

"about someone unkown"

Today's mission had been to stockpile our kitchen goods. With the next Speak Easy Club taking place on Saturday, it was all about wine glasses, platters and bowls. Those dinner nights in the studio are usually quite busy already. This time though, we are booked to the absolute last seat. Therefor it was off, shopping. After strolling through different kind of dishes, stacking white candles & me falling in love with some pale blue soup bowls, I suddenly noticed a guy following me. The husband somewhere ahead, searching for propper cups, there he was; a full-bearded, gawkish looking stranger. He didn't say a word, he didn't look at anything, but stared at me. He must have been around fifty, the hair long, light and greasy. What corner I turned around, he stood there. Though I was pretending to appear relaxed and comfortable, the situation was kind of creepy and I caught myself, secretly looking out for help. Watching the man from the corner of my eye, he felt absolutely wrong. Something about him scared me seriously. Like those people, who live in parallel worlds. Silently ticking time bombs, exploding in the middle of thought to be harmless moments. Usually not someone to unsettle that easy, I felt in danger. When Thomas showed up with his cups and I started telling him about the incident, of course, the guy had dissapeard. Five minutes later he had left my mind as well. Only now, uploading the photos, the weird feeling comes back. Like a cold, uneasy breeze. To be honest, I cannot think of any better place than our kitchen right now; candle lights and spicy tea in front of me.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh those people are scary! It really makes you feel uncomfortable and scary. But maybe he was just looking forward to halloween...iiiihhhh!

    ReplyDelete