September 24, 2011

"painter wisdomish"

"You can put a picture aside and say you won't touch it again, but you can never write THE END. " (Pablo Picasso)

Maybe one of the most frightening quotes, I have ever read from a painter. Thinking about it, this would mean we can always come back. Different to life, over and over again, be it good or bad. Is it really true, that one more coat of paint is always possible? I am not so sure and actually, I am more about hoping the opposite. That working on a piece will lead me to an end or some kind of closure. The option of endless choices and never ending chances, rather gives me a feeling of unease. I kind of like changes and going back all over again, makes them look hard to achieve. Obviously I have been resting too much lately.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I also like closure. Maybe we can not write "the end" put we just stop painting and paint "the end".....somehow..... Oooh difficult, I don't know... but I don't go back all over again, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete