September 18, 2011

"misplaced delight"

artwork on the wall by stevie hanley
Hiding away for a couple of days can be something quite exquisite, even when it is because of some kind of medical leave. The dog and I have caught a nasty angina, well, Emma started it and I took over eventually. After two days in bed; doing a lot of deliciously inappropriate stuff, like sleeping in 'til late afternoon, eating an entire box of chocolate at once, while watching four movies in a row, I am finally feeling better and recharged. The best part of this weekend though, must have been the fact, there was no talking or listening to people outside the Fishbowl. Obviously, that lately grumpy brain has joined forces with my body, screaming at me, to stop and take a well needed break. Once again; we should listen to those inner voices more often.

P.S. I am about to have a big bowl of rice pudding with cinnamon and apple sauce. Inner voices, you know.

1 comment:

  1. You're words can not be more true! If you stop listening to your inner voices or your body, eventually you'll get sick. But I find it very hard to do so.... I hope you and Emma feel better!

    p.s.: I just had an ice-cream: my inner voice ;-)

    ReplyDelete