August 31, 2011

"imbedded movements"

A box of new paints sits on my studio desk. Well, actually it is not new stuff, but the generous present of the owner of a nearby located gallery. On the way to my art supply shop, I've met him on the sidway, having breakfast with his boyfriend. We chatted in the sun and within a couple of minutes, he offered me tons of stuff, explaining that he doesn't use oil paint anymore. Totally unexpected, I became the lucky one; coming home to the Fishbowl with a wonderful treasure. I definitely like the idea of using material with some kind of history. A very nice touch to my day, as beside this I have not much to tell actually. It has been a busy week so far. The good busy, with a lot of studio hours, short lunch breaks and productive planning for next year already. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it when that kind of things happen, they always come unespected and make your day.
    Very nice combinations of photo's...again ;-)

    ReplyDelete