July 16, 2011

"private lakes"


It is pretty obvious throughout the Fishbowl, that green is one of my all time favourite colors. They say green is the color of hope, but for me, shades of it feel rather vintagy and nostalgic, close to the past and my personal memories. Especially the scent of things being green, like cucumbers, avocados or limes, are strongly connected to the most important moments of my life. I can't help it, but smelling green makes me happy. Summer is back in Berlin; with the holidays still slowing city life down, the atmosphere is wonderful mellow and deliscious. As the man is working outside town over the weekend, I am looking forward to a lot of painting over the next days. I love my busy little family life, but with some huge things just around the corner, it is absolutely perfect to have the chance of diving deep down into work, celebrating intensive studio hours and sorting out my brain a bit. I hope you are going to have an inspirational and wonderful weekend too.

2 comments:

  1. I love green, too. Hope you had a great weekend!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello; my grandmother loved green for 90 years; it's a great colour, full of life and promises.

    When I found your blog, and saw that you're in Berlin, I got quite excited. On my blog, I'm looking for someone who might have known Erna from Berlin, around 1943. Obviously you didn't, but maybe you have some ideas on how to go about it.

    Great blog, by the way!
    Kind regards
    Lilli

    ReplyDelete