June 07, 2011

"self perspected"

The heat has gone; impressive thunder and lighting last night. The sky was pink, violet and bright, while tons of water came down. Including some impressive noise. I absolutely loved it. The air throughout the city feels fresh and clean now, and I am back, painting in the studio. There are several projects waiting to be worked on. Usually this makes me a bit nervous, but I am trying to stay focused on one at a time. The "Never look over the ocean you swim in, but concentrate on the next stroke."-method. When keeping the focus on tiny steps, things simply fall into places. Yesterday this brought me to a series of self-portraits, I was prepared to start for a certain while already. I am excited about going on with them and watching what will come out of it.

1 comment: