May 15, 2011

"here and now... amnesia"

"savvy contemporary"
Running from one art event to another, attending every possible show opening, has never been my cup of tea. This city simply explodes with options; every day of the week, every possible hour, there is something going on somewhere. I absolutely adore that about Berlin, but jumping on every chance sitting there, never satisfied me. Too much of that stuff, seems to block my brain and stops me from being creative myself. Over the years I have developed a "I could, if I want" attitude. It is like a big bowl of colorfull lollies. The idea alone, to go out there and get inspired, very often is inspiration already. Friday night though, I did leave the Fishbowl very early, heading to the opening of "here and now... amnesia" . Savvy Contemporary is a small, but very interesting art space in Berlin-Neuk├Âlln. Though it is just around the corner, I' had not been there yet, and I have to say, the current show is remarkable. The diversity of nationalities and emotional postions, and the scientific approach towards memory and rememberance, especially took me for the show.

1 comment:

  1. "Too much of that stuff, seems to block my brain and stops me from being creative myself." This is definitely true! I select also very heart. Often I prefer the "I could, if I want" attitude too. :-)

    ReplyDelete