January 18, 2011

"on the way"



Working on all those EnvironmentInstallations over the last months, has been amazing. Especially the process for the "the memory jar" was a lot of fun and it is still unbelievable how many visitors we had that night. I love filling up a room with a certain atmosphere and watch how this affects others. People share so many different thoughts and stories during such an event, it is a huge gift and the biggest reward I could imagine. While creating those rooms is truly inspiring, I felt to have abandoned painting a bit too much lately. Like hiting a wall each time I was ready to start on a fresh piece, every attempt stopped at some very early stage. Nothing seemed to fit or to lead somewhere. A bit of a painter crisis, I guess. As I have read on another Blog today, we obviously need such moments of doubt and the fear to have lost something. Suddenly it was clear as stock, as we Germans use to say. I picked up the shiny new tubes of oil-paint I had purchased last week. No plan, no concept, and it worked. I haven't used oil-paint in ages, as I mostly work with acrylics, but now it clicked. This was the missing link. Within three hours I've almost finished a complete painting. And what is even more precious, I cannot wait to go back into the studio by tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. i am lucky to see you happy with you new tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see some of your work! And have fun painting tomorrow, I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete