November 30, 2010

"dedication to the arctic circle"

Last week I was already making some hints about an EnvironmentInstallation I've been requested to make. The client booked my studio for the night to lecture about his journey to the icy places of Finnland and to the Nordic polar circle. I created some black and white interior with cut-out- birds, branches and a huge paper backdrop for the buffet. We were sitting by cosy candlelight, while the sound of birds, some wind and the sea gave it a dash of wilderness.


Everybody was welcomed with a tiny bag of popcorn, including a sign to write their names on it and to pin it to the chest.


The husband, as usual, created a marvelous buffet for it. This time the dishes were mainly white. We had white tomato soup, potatoe salad with dill and egg, freshly baked Focaccia, plus marvelous white chocolate- orange-cakes. Everybody loved it and the guests stayed until very late, which I believe is the biggest compliment you can give to a host. I have to say I've totally loved it and had a lot of fun already, while designing and putting everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment